[SDI-Africa] FW: Gems and the Environment

Craig von Hagen craigvonhagen at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 01:37:12 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Saleem Ali [mailto:Saleem.Ali at uvm.edu]
Sent: 16 January 2008 05:49
To: saleem at alum.mit.edu
Subject: Gems and the Environment

Dear friends

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new web site with support
from the Tiffany &Co. Foundation on gems and the environment.

The web site address is: http://www.gemecology.org

or http://www.uvm.edu/envnr/gemecology/index.html

Our team has also prepared three reports on gemstone mining in
Burma/Myanmar, Brazil and Madagascar which are available for download
from the site as well as our video on emerald mining in Brazil.

Comments and new content welcome. We would like this to be a widely
accessible resource for researchers and practitioners.

Warm regards
Saleem
Saleem H. Ali, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Environmental Policy and Planning and
Associate Dean for Graduate Education
Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
University of Vermont
153 S. Prospect St., Burlington VT 05401, USA
Ph: 802-656-0173
Fx: 802-656-8015
Email: saleem at alum.mit.edu
Web: http://www.uvm.edu/~shali