[SDI-AsiaPacific] GIS Advisor, Indonesia (deadline 14 Nov 05)
klance_remote at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 05:21:52 EST 2005
GIS Advisor, Indonesia
Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI, http://www.dai.com/) is currently implementing a USAID program supporting community recovery programs throughout Indonesia. We are currently seeking a GIS Advisor that will be based in Jakarta, report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party, and be responsible for providing support and leadership in the development and maintenance of the programs geographic information systems, including those associated with program grants data and regional social and economic data.
This position will start immediately and continue through September 2007 (approximately 21 months)
More specifically, the responsibilities of the GIS Advisor include but are not limited to:
· Provide support and guidance to the MIS Manager;
· Oversee the design, use and maintenance of project geographic information systems;
· Ensure accuracy, completeness and security of data entered into program GIS databases;
· Provide guidance and training to staff in the use and maintenance of computer-based geographic information systems;
· Process and develop relevant spatial data sets and Government of Indonesia census, social and economic data;
· Liaise with other international organizations in the development and processing of data for use in the GIS;
· Facilitate extraction of other data into GIS for program planning and mapping tasks;
· Assist in mapping religious and ethnic population data, economic data, and other relevant data for use in analysis of the vulnerability to conflict of districts across Indonesia;
· Trouble-shoot data management and collection issues associated with community-based tsunami recovery and peace-building initiatives;
· Build and maintain relationships with ARRIS (Aceh Rehabilitation Reconstruction Information System) team at University of Syiah Kuala, Banda Aceh, and other organizations involved in GIS initiatives associated with tsunami recovery or peace-building programs;
· Coordinate with the Information Officer in the preparation and presentation to USAID of reports on the progress and impact of program activities; and
· Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
· Experience applying GIS in an international development context;
· Bachelor or Masters degree in GIS or related discipline;
· GPS survey experience is required;
· Survey instrument design and related database development experience desirable;
· GIS technical training experience required;
· Integrated spatial data analytical background;
· Statistical analytical skills desirable;
· Strong writing and oral communication skills;
· Minimum 4 years of international development experience;
· Ability to work independently in remote project setting,
· Demonstrated project dead-line reporting and managerial experience (will be managing a local team GIS technical specialists); and,
· Indonesian language skills a plus.
Benefits: DAI offers a competitive benefit package, including salary that is commensurate with the selected candidates qualifications.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae via e-mail (with "GIS Position" in the subject line) to: CMRecruiting at dai.com
Deadline: November 14, 2005
Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SDI-AsiaPacific