[SDI-AsiaPacific] GIS Analyst, Office of National GIS, Koror, Palau
klance_remote at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 04:30:52 EDT 2006
GIS Analyst, Office of National GIS, Koror, Palau
(posted June 16, 2006)
This GIS Analyst will receive supervision from the Program Manager. The successful candidate for this position will work in an interdisciplinary environment with Manager, GIS Analysts, Relational Database Analysts, and Entry-Level GIS users form PALARIS and other agencies.
The GIS Analyst will be involved in and responsible for the following activities:
· Design and development of spatial databases and applications.
· Design and implementation of spatial models and analysis.
· Development of GIS applications for Internet integration.
· Data conversion by digitizing and scanning of all geographic data and documents.
· Advising the Program Manager on data acquisition, and all hardware and software requirements related to the GIS.
· Developing documentation and user manuals for all processes.
· Working with the GIS Administrator and Relational Database Analyst to prepare in-house procedures for data security and file management.
· Conducting training for users on GIS technology.
· Train personnel from PALARIS and other agencies on data creation, analysis and maintenance of PALARIS geographic resources.
· Assisting PALARIS users and perform problem resolution.
· Coordinating with personnel from PALARIS and other agencies on available information and needs for information.
· Making reports and recommendations to the Program Manager and PALARIS Committee.
· Making formal presentations to the PALARIS Committee and other appropriate bodies.
· All other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Candidate must have a minimum of Bachelors degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Information Sciences or closely related field. Progressively responsible GIS experience performing data creation, editing, and developing applications using ESRIs GIS software products. Experience using Arc/Infor 8.x, ArcView 8.x and ArcView 3.x, including scripting with AML and Avenue required. Applicants with the following skills are highly desirable: DBMS, ArcSDE, Autodesks AutoCAD, ArcIMS, Internet technologies, development and use of remotely sensed products, Visual Basic, or other programming languages. Candidate must be able to train personnel on the use of GIS technology and theory. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to read and write fluently in English and write application documentation. A self starter who is able to work with minimal supervision. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test. Must
submit a police clearance.
Contact: Vernice Stefano, Program Manager, National GIS/PALARIS, Ministry of Resources and Development, Republic of Palau, P.O. Box 100, Koror, Palau 96940;
(680) 488-6654 - phone; (680) 488-3380/3195 - fax; palaris at palaunet.com.
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SDI-AsiaPacific