[SDI-AsiaPacific] Southeast Asia Regional Carbon and Water Project (2007) - Call for Proposals
klance_remote at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 02:18:49 EST 2007
Call for Proposals: Southeast Asia Regional Carbon and Water Project (2007) Phase III
SARCS invites research proposals from scientists in the Southeast Asia region who seek financial support for regional research projects beginning April 2007. For this purpose, SARCS has secured funding from the National Science Council, Taiwan. All proposals must focus on global change and regional carbon and water cycles. Only research activities per se can be included in the proposals. Four to six projects will be selected for funding in March 2007 by a proposal review board. The accepted, peer-reviewed proposals will be financially supported at a modest level not to exceed US$ 32,000 per project to cover 18 months period.
SARCS invites the submission of proposals under the theme of its Southeast Asia Regional Carbon and Water Project, which specifically address at least one of the following six topics:
1. Patterns and Variability: the current natural and human-induced geographical and temporal distributions of freshwater flow as well as the major stores and fluxes of carbon and associated elements in the Southeast Asia region (including the deep SCS basin, shelves, estuaries and river basins);
2. Processes, Controls and Interactions: the underlying mechanisms and feedback that control the dynamics of regional water and aquatic carbon cycles, including their interactions with nutrient cycles as well as fisheries;
3. Future Dynamics of Carbon and Water Cycles: the range of plausible trajectories for the dynamics of regional water and aquatic carbon cycles;
4. Sequestration: ocean fertilization and biological sequestration in the SE Asian seas.
5. Ocean Acidification: present and future ocean acidification, and biological responses.
6. Societal Feedback: patterns of societal feedback arising from human perturbations of the water cycle, associated biogeochemical cycles and the biological components.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 20 February 2007.
Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SDI-AsiaPacific